Making the cake -
- Dust the flour and 1/2 cup of sugar together.
- Beat all the egg whites and add the rest of the sugar + cream of tartar and beat it until it all combines the batter.
- Double boil the Bremykt and keep it aside.
- Transfer the egg whites mixture into a larger bowl, add the flour mixture and, double boiled butter and mix it well.
- Grease a cake tin (would prefer a circle baking tray which has a hole in the middle)
- Bake the cake in 180C until it's firmly done.
Making the Custard -
- Put the cream and milk into a large pan and gently bring to just below boiling point. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the yolks, cornflour, sugar and vanilla. Gradually pour the hot milk mixture into the sugar mixture, whisking constantly.
- Wipe out the saucepan and pour the mixture back into it. Heat gently, stirring with a wooden spoon until the custard is thickened, but before any lumps form.
Decorating the Cake -
- Once the cake is done keep it on a wire rack just to coll for a while. Then cut a small circle in the middle of the cake and take out the extra pieces aside.
- Pour the custard filling on to the wheel and decorated with fresh berries as you like.